Tuesday, July 21, 2009

bad day

So the city counsel failed to pass the emergency ordinances to save 36 police jobs and 31 firefighter jobs tonight. They did this because they didn't want to use money allocated to build a 1/2 mile strip of new sidewalk to pay city employees. Now there will be over 100 city employees not reporting to work starting Sunday. If you live in Springfield CALL YOUR ALDERMAN AND COMPLAIN!!! This is a HUGE public safety issue. There will be firehouses closing, meaning an increase in response time for fires and medical emergencies. This means there will be less police on the streets, increasing response times to emergencies. And I'm sure an increase in crime in our city. I hope the 3 alderman who voted no because they want the 1/2 mile of sidewalk enjoy that sidewalk and can sleep at night knowing there will be over 100 people unable to pay bills, provide for their families, and help the city go further in debt by increasing the unemployment rate. All over 1/2 mile of sidewalk.
This means for me I have to go back to work full time starting Monday, not a thing I am looking forward to. I have a horrible feeling in the pit of my stomach knowing I'm not going to be home with Kaylin every day like I have been these past 18 months. At least we are one of the lucky families who are able to get health insurance from other than my job or the job Casey just lost and that I can go back to work full time hours and provide for my family. I'm not supposed to be working full time, I'm supposed to be at home caring for my baby.

No comments:

Post a Comment