Monday, July 27, 2009

Potty Training

We have been working on potty training, very casually, for the past few weeks. For who knows how long now Kaylin has wanted to be in the bathroom checking out what goes on, with me, Casey, my mom--pretty much anyone who would let her in the bathroom with her. About 6 weeks ago Kaylin started waking up from her nap dry. I decided to get a potty chair at that time so she could get used to sitting on it. We started, very casually. She started sitting on the potty in her clothes when someone was going to the bathroom, mostly me though as daddy doesn't sit on the potty. I decided a few weeks ago to have her sit on the potty w/o a diaper on before bathtime as she was in there with me as the tub filled up. When she started waking up dry from her naps I started thinking about getting 'serious' with her a bit more. Last week she woke up from bedtime (12 hours or more) dry. Thats when I decided, ok, we are going to sit on the potty first thing when she wakes up to see if we could get anything. She LOVES to sit on the potty. I have started sitting her on first thing in the morning, right after naps, and before bath time. We have had success the past 3 days at least once a day going in the potty. This morning I put her on the potty, told her lets go potty, started singing her song I made up,and she went on command (well I want to think on command). She then stood up, pointed in the potty, and had a look on her face like "look what I just did, aren't you so proud of me Mommy?" Hopefully I can have luck after naptime today as well.
I have been hoping for months that I could get her potty trained before December when her sister/brother comes along. Now I'm starting to think I can possibly have her out of diapers and only 1 in diapers at a time.

No comments:

Post a Comment