Thursday, July 9, 2009

Future uncertainty

My day just went from bad to worse. So Casey got notice today he will be laid off as of July 25th. This is NOT what we need right now. This comes after I almost set the house on fire, TWICE cooking today. Needless to say I ordered pizza for dinner since I didn't want to use the stove or oven (which are still an absolute mess) and didn't want to succeed in burning the house down the 3rd time I cooked today.
The good thing is Casey thinks the layoff will not happen after all, and if it does, it will be very short term. I HATE our Mayor!!! As of the 25th if C loses his job, I get to go back to working full time hours and C gets to stay at home with K. Not a good situation for any of us. There is no way he can take care of her 4-5 days a week, he can't handle 2 days a week the way it is. I'm going to be a basketcase if I have to start working full time out of the house again because I haven't been away from Kaylin that much, EVER. And she's 17 months old now. I worked 32hrs/wk in June and THAT SUCKED. I don't want to have to work 40hrs/wk. I think I need some REALLY good chocolate after today.

2 comments:

  1. Sorry to hear you had such a bummer of the day. I just wanted to let you know that I really appreciated the info you shared at the mom/baby group yesterday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. No problem. Let me know if you ever have any questions about how to save money. I'm on facebook all the time--more than on my blog as I'm still starting to get it going

    ReplyDelete