Tuesday, August 18, 2009

what is wrong with our society

So I was at a local grocery store this evening on my way home to pick up some free milk and meat from last weeks Kraft foods deal and saw the most frustrating thing. The 2 women in front of me in the checkout lane had a cart full of crap--YES CRAP, Pepsi, frozen pizzas, and candy AND PAID FOR IT WITH A LINK CARD!!!! What is wrong with our society??? Shouldn't there be regulations on what public aid money can buy? Like healthy food, not CRAP. And it wasn't like they were women who had small children, probably in their 40's to 50's. I mean seriously??? I thought public aid was to benefit the public, not let people eat crap which has no nutritional value. I am all for food stamps, public aid FOR PEOPLE WHO REALLY NEED IT. Not for fat old women who are buying crap with it with NO NUTRITIONAL VALUE. Seriously....WHAT IS WRONG WITH OUR SOCIETY?????

No comments:

Post a Comment