Wednesday, January 6, 2010

I hate County Market

and vow to never shop there again. Which is very unfortunate as they have such a good selection of organic foods.
I had a horrible experience at County Market yesterday when doing my weekly grocery shopping. The store has a promotion this week, but 10 select items and save $5 instantly and get 50 bonus box tops. I spent quite a bit of time organizing and planning my shopping trip with my coupons to maximize my savings with coupons. My list of 20 items should have cost me $9.50 OOP. I say should have... I should have known I was going to have a bad experience when the smoothies (that I had coupons for) were advertised in the weekly flier for $1.69 but were really on sale for $2.39. And they were almost sold out of them! Then I went to checkout and had a horrible experience with the cashier. According to him, the store does not take internet coupons over $1, SERIOUSLY. And they won't take more than 1 coupon for the same item, even if you have more than 1 of those items. WTF?!?! This was after the checkout had accepted all my multiple coupons up until the last ones. Seriously?!?! So I ended up spending like $5 more than I intended only to learn I will not shop there again. I'll stick with Meijer for my grocery shopping.

No comments:

Post a Comment