Monday, January 18, 2010

Poor Kaylin

Kaylin has had her whole life turned upside down. She is only a few weeks away from being 2 and is a 'big girl' now. I have decided since she brings me a clean diaper when she is wet and tells me when she poops that she is ready to work on potty training. Physically anyway. We have been sitting on the potty pretty consistently the last week, but she is a very strong willed little one and refuses to go in it. So, mommy pulled out the big guns today, AKA Dora stickers. So far, no luck...today anyway. Hopefully tomorrow will be a little different. I have also decided she is far too old to have a pacifier anymore so we are working on getting rid of it. Now mind you, she has only had it at naptime and bedtime for the past 6 months or so, but enough is enough. She hasn't had it for the last 5 days for naptime and I am thinking tomorrow or Friday (when daddy is at work) the paci fairy is coming to our house to get her pacis for all the new babies in the world. Not sure what the paci fairy is going to bring as a 'treat' for Kaylin yet. Guess it'll be Friday before she comes to our house. And on top of it all, Casey and I have decided that Kaylin's bedtime needs to be pushed up. It has slowly been creaping later and later, it's after 8 pm. Yesterday we started putting her down at 7 30 and I'm hoping to push it closer to 7. I've been enjoying the last 2 nights of her being in bed earlier, hopefully this will be a regular thing in our house.

No comments:

Post a Comment