Wednesday, January 6, 2010

My 1st week of the $50 grocery budget

Well, I successfully kept our grocery/household purchases under $50 for the week. Yes, I know it's only Wednesday, but with the winter storm coming our way and Casey returning to work tomorrow, I won't be venturing out of the house anytime soon. Not with 2 little ones anyway. So I can happily say we are under the budget, with money left over to put in the pot for future weeks, if needed. My total OOP was $44.64 leaving me with just over $5 to roll over!!! My freezer and pantry are still fully stocked from prior to Christmas shopping so don't really need much in way of food or household goods. I went to Walgreens, CVS, Target, and County Market this week to score my deals and even some freebies. Below is what I scored from where and for how much.
Walgreens: 3 20 count boxes of Electrasol tabs--free with coupons and register rewards, (RR) 4 2 oz Glade candles--free with coupons and RR and actually MADE $2 with purchase, 4 cans of fruit--$.89 each, 1 bag Starbucks coffee on clearance for $1. Total at Walgreens was 8.58 and have $4 in RR to use next week.
CVS: 1 bag Dunkin Donuts coffee--$5.55 after using extra care bucks (ECB's) and coupon
Target: 2 bags Goldfish crackers, 1 tub Pampers baby wipes, A&D ointment, and box of Similac ready to feed formula. Total spent $4.08 after coupons and Similac check
County Market: did 2 transactions here to maximize savings. Total OOP was $26.80 for all listed below. 2 boxes fruit snacks, 6 boxes of cereal, 6 bags Nature Valley nut clusters, sm tub cottage cheese, peanuts, 3 Yoplait frozen smoothies, 4 YoPlus boxes of yogurt, and a gallon of milk.

No comments:

Post a Comment