Saturday, March 7, 2009

500 pound diapers

So Kaylin has been sick since Tuesday and hasn't really been drinking much, especially at night. I took her to the pediatrician yesterday and found out she has an ear infection. I kinda knew this because the night before we ended up in the ED at 1 am. NOT what you want to be doing at 1 am, as you know if you are a mommy. The ED doc said he thought she was getting one, but didn't want to start her on anything because she didn't have one yet. Good thinking doc, because I would NOT have given her an antibiotic unless she had a full blown ear infection. Anyway, last night Kaylin decided to down her 8 ounces of milk and then some. Me, not being the smartest one, didn't change her diaper into a bigger size after she drank the bottle. So I ended up with a 500 pound diaper full of urine this morning. At least I caught it in time and she didn't leak through to my sheets, mattress pad, AND mattress (like last time). She just leaked through the sheets. Maybe I will learn my lesson one of these days and try to get her back into her own bed. That someday when I finally get the alarm system for the house--more to come on that later.

1 comment:

  1. You ought to switch to a waterproof, or in your case urine proof, mattress cover.

    ReplyDelete